4 hrs 10 mins
Its Videlia onion season and I bought 15lbs so I made this Sunday dinner pot roast for my family's onion lovers. It was a wonderful dinner and I'm saving the juices because they taste exactly like onion soup when sopped up on bread. Mmmm. If you don't have genuine Videlias any sweet onion will do.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Rub the roast on all sides with Kitchen Bouquet and lay it into a heavy roasting pan with a lid.
- 2Arrange the thyme sprigs on top of the roast and sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
- 3Peel the Videlia onions and cut each onion in half lengthwise (If you can use that word for an onion that is generally much wider than it is tall -- I mean to make the cut from top to bottom rather than crosswise into rings).
- 4Put the onion halves cut side down on top of the roast.
- 5Cover and roast at 300 for 4-5 hours.
- 6Serve with a hearty bread to sop the juices.
- 7A green salad completes the meal nicely.
Browse Our Top Roast Beef Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Roast Beef Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Videlia Onion Pot Roast
Serving Size: 1 (245 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 357.5
- Calories from Fat 124
- Total Fat 13.8 g
- Saturated Fat 6.2 g
- Cholesterol 149.6 mg
- Sodium 187.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 4.2 g
- Protein 49.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: