Victoryred Chef #457829's Note:
These will be the best kosher-style pickles you will ever eat--much much better then store bought kosher pickles and a lot cheaper,
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 -4 lbs cucumbers, enough to fill ice cream pail
- 18 tablespoons kosher salt
- 7 cups boiling water
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons Accent seasoning
- 12 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 cup white vinegar
- 6 cups cold water
- 4 teaspoons dried red pepper flakes
- 4 tablespoons black peppercorns
- 3 whole bay leaves
- 4 tablespoons pickling spices
- 1 large onion, cut into rings
- 1Wash cucumbers cut into pickle spears enough to fill ice cream pail with the onion rings.
- 2Add 18 tablespoons kosher salt to boiling water; stir to dissolve.
- 3Pour hot salt water over cucumbers and onions; cover and let soak for 1 hour.
- 4Drain salt water but do not rinse cucumbers.
- 5Add the dry ingredients; mix well.
- 6Then add the cup of white vinegar.
- 7Then add cold water; mix well.
- 8Put pickles in fridge. Don't eat till 3 or 4 days--trust me it is well worth the wait--the longer they sit the better they taste.
Browse Our Top Condiments, Etc. Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Condiments, Etc. Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Victory's Kosher Style Pickles " Made Easy"
Serving Size: 1 (5278 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 568.4
- Calories from Fat 16
- Total Fat 1.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 125688.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 129.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.8 g
- Sugars 81.0 g
- Protein 12.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: