Recipe by bmiene
These will be the best kosher-style pickles you will ever eat--much much better then store bought kosher pickles and a lot cheaper,
- 3 -4 lbs cucumbers, enough to fill ice cream pail
- 18 tablespoons kosher salt
- 7 cups boiling water
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons Accent seasoning
- 12 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 cup white vinegar
- 6 cups cold water
- 4 teaspoons dried red pepper flakes
- 4 tablespoons black peppercorns
- 3 whole bay leaves
- 4 tablespoons pickling spices
- 1 large onion, cut into rings
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash cucumbers cut into pickle spears enough to fill ice cream pail with the onion rings.
- Add 18 tablespoons kosher salt to boiling water; stir to dissolve.
- Pour hot salt water over cucumbers and onions; cover and let soak for 1 hour.
- Drain salt water but do not rinse cucumbers.
- Add the dry ingredients; mix well.
- Then add the cup of white vinegar.
- Then add cold water; mix well.
- Put pickles in fridge. Don't eat till 3 or 4 days--trust me it is well worth the wait--the longer they sit the better they taste.