Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is very easy, but oh so good.
- 2 baking potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 leeks, white part only, chopped
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 cup cream
- 1 teaspoon chives, chopped
- Cook potatoes in a small amount of water until done.
- Saute chopped leeks in butter.
- Add 1 cup chicken broth and simmer 15 minutes, covered.
- Place all ingredients, except cream and chives in a blender for approximately 1 minute.
- Add cream and chives. Refrigerate.
- This also makes a good hot soup.