Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
DH gives this omelet 4 stars (out of 5). He said it was very tasty and is a keeper for weekend breakfasts. We always have greek omelets when we go out for breakfast so I decided to try and recreate in my own kitchen.
- 1⁄2 tablespoon butter
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄8 cup milk
- 1 dash ground cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1 dash white pepper (optional)
- 1 dash Tabasco sauce (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup feta cheese (crumbled)
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion (yellow or purple)
- 2 ounces gyro meat (crumbled or cut into small pieces)
- 1⁄4 diced tomato (optional)
- 2 tablespoons cucumbers, dip (Zaar's Cucumber Dip)
- In a small mixing bowl, combine eggs, milk and seasoning.
- Whip well until foamy.
- In a skillet, heat the buter, add the gyro meat and onions.
- Saute until the onions are tender and meat is heated through.
- Add the eggs and cook until firm enough to turn over.
- Flip over, sprinkle Feta Cheese (reserving 1 tsp) and tomatoes on top and cook for 1-1/2 to 2 minutes.
- (cover so that the cheese melts slightly).
- Fold in half and place on serving plate.
- Top with 1/8 cup of BeachGirls cucumber dip, recipe#54096 and the 1 tsp crumbled feta cheese.
- Serve at once.
So very good! I did use water instead of milk! I did also use tomatoes! Thanks!
I haven't tried this recipe, but I just wanted to note how grateful I am that it was posted. I was searching for something (other than gyros) to do with an abundance of gyro meat that I had. I never thought of using it in an egg dish! I used this recipe as as a starting point for a delicious quiche using gyro meat, tomato-and-basil feta, and kalamata olives. So very good!