Recipe by Dib's
This recipe is a Giada De Laurentiis one from Everyday Italian.
Top Review by Peyton&KaylansMama
I made this from the show. My family loved it! We couldn't find fontina cheese at the market so I made up the difference by adding a little more of the other cheeses. My hubby asked for this again! I think I might try it with eggplant!
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 5 medium zucchini, sliced 1/4 inch thick lengthwise (or yellow squash)
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon pepper
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup grated fontina
- 1⁄4 cup grated romano cheese
- 1 cup plain breadcrumbs
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Using the 2 T. extra virgin olive oil coat the bottom of a 9 X 13 inch baking dish.
- Arrange 1/3 of the zucchini slices on the bottom of the dish and season with a little salt and pepper (most likely you will NOT use the full 1 T of each).
- Evenly pour 1/3 of the heavy cream.
- Sprinkle with 1/3 of the mozzarella.
- Sprinkle with 1/3 of the fontina.
- Sprinkle with 2 T of the romano.
- Repeat layers.
- Top with the bread crumbs. (use fine dried).
- Dot the bread crumbs with the unsalted butter.
- To prevent spillage/smoke line a baking sheet with heavy duty foil and place prepared dish on this.
- Bake for 40 minutes until bubbling and top golden brown.
- Allow to stand for 5 minutes before cutting into it.