Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Easy, and so tasty. The blackberries really add to this enjoyable dish. Compliments of BBC Good Food Magazine.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 venison steak, Thick
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 150 ml beef stock
- 2 tablespoons red currant jelly
- 1 garlic clove
- 85 g blackberries
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and cook the venison for 5 minutes, turn and cook for a further 2-3 minutes.
- Lift the meat from the pan and leave to rest.
- Add the vinegar to the pan then add in the stock, red-currant jelly and garlic stir over high heat to blend. then add the blackberries and carry on cooking until they soften, Serve with the venison, mashed potatoes and vegetables of your choice.