Recipe by Stacy Bartel
Really delish way to cook ground venison
Top Review by mbetmarik
I was given a lot of ground venison, and I love to use it in this recipe! I think it's perfect as written, but I cut the green pepper in half to suit my children's tastes. I don't think I will be able to eat the canned sloppy joe sauce ever again!
- 2 lbs venison
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 medium green bell pepper, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, diced
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons of apple sider vinegar
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- 1. In a medium sauce pan cook Venison, onion, bell pepper, and garlic on medium/low heat until the vegetables are transparent.
- 2. While meat is cooking, in a small bowl combined all other ingredients.
- 3. Pour sauce over meat and combined well.
- 4. Let simmer over medium/high heat for 25-30 minutes.