Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
A grilled veggie wrap with chicken so you're not hungry again in an hour
- 1 boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 onion
- 1 green pepper
- 2 (14 inch) tortillas
- 1⁄4 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup lettuce, shredded
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- salt and pepper
- Slice onion and green pepper into strips.
- Grill onion, green pepper and chicken.
- Mix together, water, oil, vinegar, sugar, sour cream, salt and pepper.
- Slice chicken into thin strips.
- Divide chicken, veggies, lettuce, dressing and cheese evenly onto the 2 tortillas.
- Roll up by folding over the sides, then rolling up the top and bottom of the tortillas.
Perfection, as written. This is certainly different than your usual wrap. The sauce complements the fresh ingredients, rather than overpowering them. I threw the veggies on a hot grill pan at the same time as the chicken, seasoned with salt and pepper, and everything was done to my liking at the same time. Made for PAC Fall 2009.
The idea of this wrap was really good, but it needed some tweaking. The dressing as written is not what I would consider a dressing, as it was very water-y. I ended up using a full 8 oz. container of sour cream and an extra splash of apple cider vinegar to get the consistency and the flavor that I was looking for. However, once that tweaking was done, the wrap was excellent.