Prep 40 mins
Cook 30 mins
Simple vegetable quiche. found this at henrysmarkets.com and posting here so i don't lose it. it is a very good recipe. we left off the crust and sprayed a pan with nonstick spray to lower calories.
- 1 unbaked pie shell
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 small onion, finely chopped I used 1 tablespoon dried onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups fresh broccoli, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 1⁄2 cups grated cheese-i used cheddar cheese
- 4 eggs, well beaten
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk, I used 2%
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. in a large saucepan over medium heat melt butter and saute onion, garlic, broccoli and peppers until tender. spoon vegetables into pie crust and sprinkle with cheese. set aside.
- in a large mixing bowl, throughly combine eggs, milk and salt and pepper. pour egg mixture over vegetables in pie crust. cook for about 30 minutes or until knife inserted in middle comes out clean.