Prep 35 mins
Cook 15 mins
My friend and I mixed each of our recipes to make this salad. It is a great change from your traditional everyday potato salad.
- 6 large potatoes, peeled and cooked
- 3 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- 1 large carrot, grated
- 2 radishes, finely chopped
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup fresh chives, cut in 1/2 in lengths
- 1 (6 ounce) can tuna (optional) or 1 (11 ounce) package chipped beef (optional) or 1⁄2 lb ham, chopped (optional)
- 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 dash dry mustard
- Mix together potatoes, eggs, carrot, radish, onion, green pepper, celery, chives and tuna in a large bowl.
- In a measuring cup add mayonnaise, vegetable oil, pepper, salt, paprika and dry mustard, mix well and pour over potatoes, stir well and chill.
- Add a little more mayo if needed (depends on actual size of veggies).
Nice, very tasty... I used my basil oil instead of vegetable oil... brings out the flavours even more, and mellows out the strong taste of the mayo. :) Thanks very much for posting you'r pasta trick on the BB, I'll never cook pasta in any other way ever again :))) and have incluided it in one of my recipes (eventually credited to you, since I couldn't find your post... I've only just found it and posted a rectification to my recipe, so it should appear tomorrow. Keep it up!