Recipe by racrgal
This is especially good when all of the veggies and herbs are in season. I've served this for a weekend breakfast, ladies lunch and even dinner. When served for dinner I grilled chicken breasts. Possible you could cook diced chicken right on top of the pie but I haven't tried it. You may use the lower fat versions of any or all of the cheeses with good results.
Top Review by Andrea in NH
This is a perfect Summer dish for using things from the garden. I loved the fact that the zucchini stayed in nice form and it didn't get mussy. It was great with grilled chicken. The leftovers made a wonderful lunch. I used Penne instead of linguine and ff cottage cheese instead of ricotta. I topped it with chopped Jalapeno peppers but the next time I will add it into the cheese mixture. Thanks racrgal.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 cups cooked linguine
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons oregano, minced if fresh
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons basil, minced if fresh
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 3 medium tomatoes, sliced
- 3 cups zucchini, sliced
- 1 1⁄2 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375. Spray 8" springform pan or cake pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Heat oil in small skillet. Add onion and garlic. Cook over med heat until onion is transparent.
- Place onion and garlic mixture in medium bowl. Mix in linguine, parsley, lemon juice, pepper 1/2 teaspoon each oregano and basil.
- In small bowl combine ricotta, 2 tablespoons of the parmesan cheese, egg and remaining oregano and basil. Stir into linguine mixture.
- Place half the linguine mixture in prepared pan.
- Using half of each, place a layer of tomato, then a layer of zucchini.
- Layer remaining linguine mixture.
- Top with a layer of tomato and a layer of zucchini.
- Sprinkle with mozzarella and remaining parmesan cheese.
- Cover with foil.
- Bake 35 minutes. Remove foil and bake another 5 minutes to melt and toast the cheese. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting.
- If you prefer your veggies a little on the crunchy side just reduce the cooking time.