Recipe by ellie_
We enjoyed this for a weekend breakfast. I made slight changes from the original recipe printed on www.weightwatchers.com. Only 3 points/serving -- if changing to egg beaters for at least some of the eggs will decrease the points a bit (by about 1).
Top Review by Diann is Cooking
On the plus side: easy to make, and easy to do as a whole food item for breakfast or dinner. BUT, I'd add some members of the allium family, and some ground pepper in the future. Did not today, but this would be good. However, as far as modifications I did do: Used a small dollop of coconut oil instead of the Con-Agra Pam, and I used whole milk rather than skim or whatever (doesn't go bad so fast, since normally I only use milk in coffee). Made this for the Vegetarian / Vegan Forum food swap, 2011, August.
- 1 bell pepper, sliced
- 2 zucchini, chopped
- 1 cup spinach, chopped
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1 1⁄2 cups skim milk (I used 1 % milk)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano, dried
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme, dried
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Spray skillet with Pam and heat over medium heat. Add vegetables (pepper - spinach) and cook until tender.
- In a small bowl combine reminder of the ingredients (eggs - parsley).
- Add mixture to skillet, stirring to combine. Reduce heat and cook until eggs are done and firm.
- Place skillet under preheated broiler and cook until browned.