Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
A hearty stir-fry, makes four generous portions. Serve with noodles or rice.
Make and share this Veggie Beef Stir-Fry recipe from Food.com.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 175 g vegetarian beef strips
- 1⁄2 teaspoon five-spice powder
- 1 carrot, thinly sliced
- 1 red pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 yellow pepper, thinly sliced
- 125 g broccoli florets
- 125 g baby sweet corn cobs, sliced
- 50 g snow peas, aka mangetout
- 125 g sliced mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sherry wine
- 125 g bean sprouts
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- Heat oil and add onion and garlic; stir fry for one minute.
- Add the "beef" pieces with the five spice, carrot, peppers, broccoli, sweetcorn, mangetouts and mushrooms. Stir fry for 3 - 4 minutes.
- Add soy, sherry and bean sprouts and cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Drizzle over sesame oil and serve with noodles or rice.
- Examples of beef strips: Tivall brand or Morningstar Farms.
This was delicious. Only change I made was to increase the garlic & sub'd some asparagus for the broccoli. Enjoyed the combination of the other vegys & the flavour of the 5-spice, thanks for sharing.