Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook1 hr 30 mins
This recipe is based on my mother's stuffed cabbage recipe. Adapted to be vegetarian and less time consuming, it's made as a casserole.Sept 2012-updated to be vegan.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Sauté onion until translucent mix with rice.Set aside.
- Chop the cabbage and brown it in a frying pan.
- Mix tomato paste,vinegar, water, maple syrup.
- Spray a large baking pan with non-stick spray. Spread 1/2 of the fried cabbage.
- Spread the rice mixture on top of the cabbage.
- Top with remaining cabbage.
- Spread tomato mixture on top.
- Bake at 400°F for 1 hour.