Vino Girl's Note:
A medley of corn, soybeans and fresh vegetables comprises this easy-to-make satisfying meal in a bowl. From Vegetarian Times.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 cups low sodium vegetable broth
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 small zucchini, sliced 1/2-inch thick
- 1 1/2 cups cooked black soybeans or 1 1/2 cups other beans
- 1 cup tomato, chopped (fresh or canned)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 4 tablespoons cheese, shredded (Jack or other) (optional)
- 4 teaspoons cilantro, chopped (optional)
- 2 cups tortilla chips
- hot sauce (to garnish) (optional)
- 1In large saucepan, heat oil over medium-high heat.
- 2Add onion, jalapeno and garlic and cook, stirring often, about 4-5 minutes or until onion is slightly soft.
- 3Add broth, oregano, zucchini, beans and tomatoes.
- 4Cook, stirring occasionally, until zucchini is almost soft, about 3 minutes. Stir in lime juice.
- 5Ladle soup into bowls and top each serving with some cheese and cilantro if using; top with tortilla chips.
- 6Serve hot with hot sauce on the side.
Browse Our Top Soy/Tofu Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vegetarian Tortilla Soup
Serving Size: 1 (154 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 63.0
- Calories from Fat 32
- Total Fat 3.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 6.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 3.5 g
- Protein 1.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
low sodium vegetable broth