1/3 Photos of Vegetarian Sloppy Joes
Nikki Dinki Cooking's Note:
These Vegetarian sloppy joes are the best. They look and taste like the original just minus the meat. You can also substitute the mushrooms for meat for a traditional version. For an instructional video go to http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zK7Swu0xVQ4
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb portabella mushroom cap
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 small onion
- 1/2 medium red pepper
- 1/2 medium green pepper
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 3 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1Chop Mushrooms into small piece and add to a pot on med heat which is sprayed with cooking spray and let cook for 5-7min
- 2Add Garlic, Onion, Peppers and season with salt and pepper, cook 5-7min.
- 3Make sauce by adding Tomato Sauce, Brown Sugar, Vinegar and Worcestershire to a bowl and mixing together.
- 4Add Tomato Paste to veggies and let cook 1-2 minute.
- 5Add sauce as let cook and thicken for 2 minute.
- 6Add Thyme and Red pepper flakes.
- 7Serve on a bun with chopped pickles.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vegetarian Sloppy Joes
Serving Size: 1 (253 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 112.2
- Calories from Fat 6
- Total Fat 0.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1043.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 18.9 g
- Protein 4.2 g