Prep 25 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
This is a good winter vegetarian main dish. From Light & Tasty.
- 2 large onions, finely chopped
- 1 cup fresh mushrooms, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup green pepper, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 cups carrots, grated
- 1 1⁄2 cups celery, finely chopped
- 5 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted sunflower seeds
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups fresh whole wheat bread crumbs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a skillet, saute onions, mushrooms and green pepper in butter until tender.
- Combine mushroom mixture, carrots, celery, eggs, walnuts, sunflower kernels, salt, basil, oregano and pepper. Stir in bread crumbs.
- Coat a 9x5x3-inch loaf pan with cooking spray, then line with wax paper.
- Transfer vegetable mixture to pan.
- Bake 1 hour or to 160 degrees.
- Let stand 10 minutes before slicing.