Prep 25 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is a yummy Cajun smothered corn dish that is slightly spicy and crunchy. It is pronounced MOCK shoo.
- 8 medium of fresh ears of corn
- 1 medium onion, chopped (1/2 cup)
- 1 small green sweet pepper, chopped (1/2 cup)
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 medium tomatoes, cut up
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- Remove the husks from corn; scrub with a stiff brush to remove silks.
- Use a sharp knife to remove corn from cobs, cutting two-thirds of the way to the cob.
- Scrape cobs with a dull edge of a knife.
- (You should have about 4 cups.) In a 3-quart saucepan, cook onion and green pepper in butter or margarine about 5 minutes or until tender.
- Stir in corn, tomato, salt, black pepper, and red pepper.
- Cover and cook over low heat about 20 minutes or until corn is tender.
- Season to taste.
- Makes 6 side-dish servings.
Really good, good, good!! A nice flavorful side dish with a fresh summery taste!! Thanks Sharon!!
Best served over penne pasta (al dente)... Yum!!