This is a traditional dish from Louisiana. It can be served as a side dish, or as a topping for blackened chicken or fish. Best of all, you can put it together in 30 minutes!
- Ready In:
- 1 sweet onion, medium sized, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced (I use a large clove, or 2 small ones!)
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 4 cups fresh corn kernels, about 8 ears
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 2 teaspoons creole seasoning
- Saute the onion, bell pepper, garlic, and jalapeno pepper in hot oil in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat 10 minutes or until tender.
- Stir in corn, tomatoes, and Creole seasoning; reduce heat to low.
- Cover and cook 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
YUM!!!! This was my first time making and eating maque choux and I enjoyed both the ease of preparation as well as the wonderful fresh taste of the different veggies together. The spicing was perfect, too.<br/>THANK YOU SO MUCH for sharing this great keeper with us, breezermom. Ill certainly make this again.<br/>Made and reviewed for Photo Tag Feburary 2012.