Maque Choux (Cajun Corn Sautee)
photo by Karen Elizabeth
- Ready In:
- 12 ears fresh corn
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 jalapeno, diced (be careful when cutting to protect your eyes, wash your hands after handling)
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup crushed tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup water
- Cut the corn from the cob. Scrape the cobs with the blunt edge of the knife to remove the "milk." Set aside.
- Heat the butter in a large, heavy pot over medium heat. Add onions and bell pepper. Cook, stirring, until golden and soft, about 10 minutes.
- Add corn, tomatoes, and water. Cover and simmer over medium-low heat for 15 minutes.
- Add salt, jalapeno, and cayenne and cook until corn is very tender, 20-30 minutes more.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Nice refreshing change to plain corn though both hubby & I felt something was missing. I had to make it with coconut oil as I'm allergic to dairy and that may be exactly what was missing. Next time will try with a butter flavoured margarine. Thanks for posting, SB ! Made during ZWT9 for team Tasty Testers :)
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I live in Alaska. I'm always trying to find new recipes and I enjoy sharing my own wild and crazy food experiments with others. My current passion is my rice cooker, which I love; I wish I had more recipes for it.</p>