Prep 20 mins
Cook 5 mins
From Terre a Terre, crunchy coated sizzling sausages loaded with leeks, crumbly cheese and mustardy mouthfuls of garden fresh parsley and sage.
- 250 g fresh white breadcrumbs
- 250 g caerphilly cheese, grated
- 250 g wensleydale cheese, grated
- 150 g leeks, white part only finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons sage, finely chopped
- 20 g parsley, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons thyme, finely chopped
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons coarse grain mustard or 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 8 tablespoons sunflower oil
for the coating
- 40 g plain flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 150 g fresh white breadcrumbs
- Combine the breadcrumbs, cheese, leeks, sage, patsley, thyme and plenty of salt and pepper. Beat the eggs with the mustard and add this to the cheese mix. Bind together thoroughly.
- Divide the mixture into 6 balls and roll each into a sausage shape about 2.5 cm thick. Chill for at least 1 hour.
- Coat each sausage evenly with first flour, then the beaten egg then the breadcrumbs, refrigerate for another 30 mins if possible.
- Fry for about 5 mins, turning occasionally till deep golden brown.
- Serve with creamy mash and a rich gravy made with Vegetarian Demi Glace Sauce, red wine and redcurrant jelly.