From Terre a Terre, crunchy coated sizzling sausages loaded with leeks, crumbly cheese and mustardy mouthfuls of garden fresh parsley and sage.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 250 g fresh white breadcrumbs
- 250 g caerphilly cheese, grated
- 250 g wensleydale cheese, grated
- 150 g leeks, white part only finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons sage, finely chopped
- 20 g parsley, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons thyme, finely chopped
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons coarse grain mustard or 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 8 tablespoons sunflower oil
for the coating
- 1Combine the breadcrumbs, cheese, leeks, sage, patsley, thyme and plenty of salt and pepper. Beat the eggs with the mustard and add this to the cheese mix. Bind together thoroughly.
- 2Divide the mixture into 6 balls and roll each into a sausage shape about 2.5 cm thick. Chill for at least 1 hour.
- 3Coat each sausage evenly with first flour, then the beaten egg then the breadcrumbs, refrigerate for another 30 mins if possible.
- 4Fry for about 5 mins, turning occasionally till deep golden brown.
- 5Serve with creamy mash and a rich gravy made with Vegetarian Demi Glace Sauce, red wine and redcurrant jelly.
Browse Our Top < 30 Mins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 30 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vegetarian Leek,sage and Two Cheese Sausages
Serving Size: 1 (310 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 868.5
- Calories from Fat 429
- Total Fat 47.7 g
- Saturated Fat 7.8 g
- Cholesterol 282.0 mg
- Sodium 1015.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 88.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.0 g
- Sugars 8.3 g
- Protein 21.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
coarse grain mustard