1/1 Photo of Vegetarian Hearty Soup
Prep your veggies ahead, and you'll have a delicious soup in 30 minutes. Note: Do not use broth in this recipe, because the cinnamon produces the flavor. This can been done in your Crock Pot.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 sweet potato, peeled and chopped
- 1 (19 ounce) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 (19 ounce) can navy beans, drained and rinsed (or use your favorite bean)
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 cup carrot, peeled and chopped
- 3/4 cup elbow macaroni (or your favorite small pasta)
- 4 cups water
- 1 cup celery, sliced
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper flakes (optional)
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1In dutch oven heat oil over medium heat.
- 2add onions, carrots, celery, garlic,cumin,salt, hot pepper flakes.
- 3saute until onions are soft.
- 4add water and bring to a boil, reduce heat to low-medium.
- 5add sweet potatoes, tomatoes, chickpeas, beans, bay leaves, cinnamon, paprika.
- 6simmer for 10 minutes covered.
- 7add pasta, stir, cover and simmer for another 15 minutes.
- 8before serving, give it a good stir.
- 9remove bay leaves, and cinnamon stick.
- 10serve with bread.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vegetarian Hearty Soup
Serving Size: 1 (565 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 562.8
- Calories from Fat 60
- Total Fat 6.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1507.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 106.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 26.4 g
- Sugars 12.6 g
- Protein 23.3 g