Recipe by katie in the UP
This filling is delicious! It's also great served on rice!
Top Review by Crunchy Numbers
This is SO good! Fairly easy and fast to prepare...great way to get the family to eat vegetables! I also add about 1/2 teaspoon of red pepper flakes. Great on tortillas, even better on homemade tortillas. I think it would also be perfect on lime-cilantro rice.
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon chili powder (we prefer a hot one)
- 3 crushed garlic cloves
- salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon white sugar (splenda can be used)
- 1 jalapeno, chopped (optional)
- 2 small zucchini, julienned
- 2 medium yellow squash, julienned
- 1 large onion, sliced thin
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup corn (I used frozen, canned can be used)
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained
- 6 fat free tortillas
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl combine olive oil (1/4 cup), vinegar, oregano, chili powder, garlic salt, salt, pepper and sugar.
- To the marinade add the zucchini, yellow squash, onion, green pepper and red pepper. Marinate vegetables in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Heat oil (2 tbls) in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Drain the vegetables and saute until tender, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in the corn and beans; increase the heat to high and saute for 5 more minutes.
- Serve with warmed tortillas and your favorite salsa!