Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
I love this recipe because they are healthy, filling and freeze well! This is a recipe that I have adapted from a book called 'MealLeaniYummi' by Norene Gilletz.
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups mushrooms, sliced
- olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 19 ounces can kidney beans
- 1 cup canned corn, drained
- 2 cups tomato sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 8 large flour tortillas
- 1 cup low-fat cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 chopped tomato
- plain yogurt
- Preheat over to 350°F.
- Saute onion and mushrooms in oil for 5 minutes then add garlic and cook for 2 more minutes.
- Meanwhile, rinse and drain beans and then mash slightly and then add skillet to the skillet.
- Add corn, 1/2 cup of the tomato sauce and red pepper flakes; mix well.
- Cover bottom of casserole dish with tomato sauce.
- Spoon bean/corn mixture into tortillas and wrap up tightly, arranging seam side down in casserole dish.
- Top with the remaining tomato sauce, ensuring the tortillas shells are covered with sauce.
- Cover with tin foil and bake for 25 minutes.
- Uncover, sprinkle with cheese and chopped tomato and cook uncovered for another 5 to 10 minutes, until cheese is melted.
- Serve with plain yoghurt.
Love these! Fast and easy and delicious!
Not bad - but needs some sort of sauce (aside from the tomato) - unless you "really" love tomato. With a few tweaks it could probably be much better.
Delicious! These were really great veggie enchiladas - very filling with the beans. I used corn tortillas. Leftovers reheated wonderfully the next day. Thanks for sharing!