photo by Cassie Hunsicker
- Ready In:
- Heat skillet on medium-high heat. Add 1 tablespoons margarine when warm. Add 2 cups sliced mushrooms. Stir mushrooms until tender and soft. Pour in a bowl for enchiladas.
- Pour contents of canned refried beans and 1 cup beans (already cooked) in a bowl, and mix well. Add 1 teaspoons ground cumin to the mixture, and stir.
- Layer mushrooms, bean mixture, 2 teaspoons salsa, and a handful of shredded cheese in each enchilada.
- Fold burrito-style. (Fold short ends in, fold over one side, and roll over).
- Repeat Steps 3 and 4 for all 6 enchiladas.
- Place in a 9x13 inch baking dish.
- Pour enchilada sauce over enchiladas evenly.
- Sprinkle the rest of the shredded cheese over the top of the enchiladas.
- Bake at 350 degrees Farenheit until cheese is melted.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
1 word.. DELICIOUS! I made this recipe tonight for supper and it is so quick and easy, and YUMMY!! I served it topped with jalapenos and a side of guacamole salad (lettuce, guacamole, sour cream and diced tomatoes) and it made for a completely satisfying meal. Thank you for sharing this recipe! I will be making this again!!
I sauteed about 1/2 onion before adding the mushrooms. Used a full can of beans in order not to have leftovers. Used about 1 tablespoon salsa per tortilla just because it was less fussy than measuring 2 teaspoons. Also used less cheese (though I have no doubt that the full pound would make them that much better!)
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Cooking is my ultimate therapy. My ultimate dream is to open up my own restaurant and catering bsuiness. I absolutely love different cultures and traditions; they majorly interest me. I am Spanish and Native American, so my cooking is partially influenced by my heritage. The most exciting thing about cooking is trying out new recipes.