1/2 Photos of Vegetarian Enchiladas
Laowai wife's Note:
I love this recipe because they are healthy, filling and freeze well! This is a recipe that I have adapted from a book called 'MealLeaniYummi' by Norene Gilletz.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat over to 350°F.
- 2Saute onion and mushrooms in oil for 5 minutes then add garlic and cook for 2 more minutes.
- 3Meanwhile, rinse and drain beans and then mash slightly and then add skillet to the skillet.
- 4Add corn, 1/2 cup of the tomato sauce and red pepper flakes; mix well.
- 5Cover bottom of casserole dish with tomato sauce.
- 6Spoon bean/corn mixture into tortillas and wrap up tightly, arranging seam side down in casserole dish.
- 7Top with the remaining tomato sauce, ensuring the tortillas shells are covered with sauce.
- 8Cover with tin foil and bake for 25 minutes.
- 9Uncover, sprinkle with cheese and chopped tomato and cook uncovered for another 5 to 10 minutes, until cheese is melted.
- 10Serve with plain yoghurt.
Browse Our Top Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vegetarian Enchiladas
Serving Size: 1 (336 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 518.8
- Calories from Fat 128
- Total Fat 14.3 g
- Saturated Fat 5.2 g
- Cholesterol 14.8 mg
- Sodium 1339.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 79.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.2 g
- Sugars 8.4 g
- Protein 18.7 g