Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Love Corn Chowders
- 3 ounces butter
- 2 large onions, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 teaspoons cumin seeds
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- 2 potatoes, peeled & chopped
- 1 cup cream-style corn
- 2 cups fresh corn kernels
- 3 tablespoons parsley, fresh chopped
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons chives, fresh & snipped
- Heat butter in large, heavy-based pan.
- Add onions& cook over med-high heat for about 5 minutes, or until golden.
- Add garlic& cumin seeds,& cook for one minute, stirring constantly.
- Add stock& bring to a boil.
- Add potatoes,& reduce heat to simmer 10 minutes.
- Add all the corn,& parsley.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to simmer for 10 minutes more.
- Stir in cheese, salt& pepper to taste,& heat gently, over a low heat, until cheese melts.
- Serve with snipped chives.
- You can make this recipe without the cheese, if you want less fat.
- Or if you're like me, you can use a really old nippy cheddar, for a nice nippy flavour!
I love this! I added a big can of diced tomatoes and it tasted almost like Panera's Summer Corn Chowder Soup. Thanks for posting.
This is the same as my recipe. I just love the fresh flavours. Serves 8 only as an entree as I usually get 6 meal size serves. (Or maybe I just do big serves!)