This recipe is really unique. I am generally not a big fan of cauliflower, but this soup tastes a lot like a light version of potato soup. I was pleasantly surprised when I tried this.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- salt & pepper
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 small heads cauliflower, cut into florets
- 3 celery ribs, including leafy tops from the heart of the celery, finely chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme, chopped
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 quart vegetable stock
- 1 cup half-and-half or 1 cup whole milk
- hot sauce (optional)
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley or 3 tablespoons chives, chopped, for garnish
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1In a large pot, heat up olive oil & 2 Tbs. butter, over medium heat. Season with salt & pepper, to taste.
- 2Add cauliflower florets and stir with a wooden spoon. Add celery, onion and thyme and cook for 3 minutes. Push vegetables to 1 side of the pot.
- 3Melt 1 more Tbs. of butter on empty side of pot and add flour to the butter. Cook for 1 minute, stirring the flour into the butter.
- 4Mix in veggie stock and half & half. Bring up to a simmer and cook 15 minutes.
- 5Puree soup using an immersion blender, food processor, or blender and return to pot. It's OK to leave it a lil chunky.
- 6Check seasoning and add a dash of hot sauce, if desired.
- 7Garnish soup with hot sauce, parsley or chives, and serve with grated parmesan on top.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vegetarian Cauliflower Soup
Serving Size: 1 (285 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 303.4
- Calories from Fat 205
- Total Fat 22.8 g
- Saturated Fat 12.5 g
- Cholesterol 56.2 mg
- Sodium 343.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.5 g
- Sugars 5.1 g
- Protein 10.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: