Recipe by Sarah_Jayne
I am really trying to eat less meat these days. I was looking for something quick to make but without bouncing back to cooking meat. I looked around at what I had in my cupboards and fridge and came up with these. We enjoyed the way they turned out and will for sure have them again. I suspect this would make a nice tortilla filling too.
- 9.85 ml canola oil
- 236.59 ml carrot, shredded
- 236.59 ml zucchini, shredded
- 236.59 ml onion, finely chopped
- 2.46 ml garlic powder
- 118.29 ml mushroom, finely sliced
- 396.89 g can cooked lentils, drained
- 12.32 ml fajita seasoning mix
- 425.24 g can fat-free refried beans
- 8 taco shells
- 118.29 ml reduced-fat cheddar cheese, shredded
- reduced-fat sour cream (optional)
- salsa (optional)
- guacamole (optional)
- jalapeno (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a large pan over a medium heat.
- Add in the shredded carrots, zucchini, chopped onions and the garlic powder.
- Stir for a minute two before reducing the heat and letting them sweat for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the lentils, mushrooms and fajitas seasoning and cooking, stirring often, over medium heat for another five minutes.
- Meanwhile, put the taco shells in the oven to cook through. The ones that I buy take about 5 minutes so this can be done while the lentils and mushrooms are cooking down.
- Stir the refried beans into the vegetable and lentil mixture until everything is combined and the beans are just warmed through.
- Spoon the lentil and bean mixture into the taco shells and top with shredded cheese.
- Add any of the other toppings you may enjoy and eat as you would a 'normal' taco.