Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Posted in the Rocky Mountain News Wednesday Spotlight Section, Healthy Plate Column.
Make and share this Vegetable, Tofu and Pork Tenderloin Stir-Fry recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb extra firm tofu
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 4 ounces pork tenderloin or 4 ounces boneless pork chops, cut into 1/4 inch strips
- 1⁄2 cup sliced scallion
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1⁄2 lb broccoli floret, cut into small pieces
- 1 onion, halved and sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, stemmed seeded and cut into 1/4 inch strips
- drain and rinse tofu then dry throughly.
- cut tofu crosswise into 1/2 inch slices then lengthwise into 1 inch strips and set aside.
- heat the oil in a skillet or wok over high heat until it shimmers.
- add the pork and stir-fry until browned on all sides and no longer pink in the center about 5 minutes, tranfer to a plate.
- add tofu to wok and cook until browned on both sides.
- add scallions, garlic, ginger and stir-fry for 1 minute.
- add pork and remaining ingredients and stir-fry until veggies are tender about 3 minutes.
I liked it :) however, I had to add more sauces (panda sauce) to the food because it was kind of bland. I also left out broccoli because I didn't have any at hand. I used eggplants in place of them instead. I think the presentation with the broccoli would definietly be more pleasing then the eggplants though. Overall, thanks for the recipe!