Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 47 mins
I also sometimes swap 1 tin of the chickpeas for a kumara chopped in chick pea sized bits and I think that it makes it a bit more varied, its nice, I use golden kumara (sweet potato)
- You need to chop the onion and then gently fry it in the oil for about 7.
- mins until its see thru, so do it on a low heat, then add the garlic and the.
- spices and cook gently for about 2 minutes Add the canned tomatoes and turn the heat right down and simmer for 20 mins, covered.
- While that is happening you need to drain the chick peas and then shell them, this is the worst part, but its so yum that you need to do it good, so put them in a bowl and then fill with water and you take handfuls and rub them in your hands and the shells will come off, you will know what I mean when you start doing it, and you need to do I t till you get most of them off,.
- Then when that tomato mixture has had 20 mins add the chickpeas and then simmer again for another 20 stirring occasionally stir in the herbs before you serve.