2 hrs 20 mins
Netgirl's Healthy Cookbook's Note:
Adapted recipe from Gourmet Magazine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 large yellow onion, peeled and quartered
- 1 large leek, washed, trimmed, and coarsely chopped
- 2 stalks celery, quartered (organic)
- 1 bunch celery leaves (from the heart of the organic bunch)
- 2 carrots, trimmed and quartered
- 1 turnip, trimmed and quartered
- 3 tomatoes, cored and coarsely chopped
- 1 cup button mushroom, including stems (crimini)
- 6 parsley sprigs (Italian)
- 2 bay leaves
- 6 whole black peppercorns
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 3 quarts water (purified)
- 1In a large stockpot, combine all ingredients and bring to a boil.
- 2Partially cover, reduce heat to medium low, and simmer for 2 hours.
- 3Cool stock.
- 4Strain and discard solids.
- 5Refrigerate or freeze.
Browse Our Top Stocks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vegetable Stock
Serving Size: 1 (4178 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 175.3
- Calories from Fat 11
- Total Fat 1.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 295.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.6 g
- Sugars 19.1 g
- Protein 6.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
whole black peppercorns