Easy Prep Vegetable Stock
photo by Jubes
- Ready In:
- 1hr 33mins
2 1/2 litres
- Buy the whole head of celery but use the top half for this stock. Rinse any dirt off the leaves and put in a large stock pot. Any outer stalks that you wouldn't use in cooking can be added as well.
- Add a whole bunch of parsley and a bay leaf.
- Trim the roots off the onion and cut in half. Only remove the skins if they are split and dusty, otherwise just leave them on.
- Cut the tops off the carrots, wash and cut in half lengthways.
- Add the water and put on to simmer for an hour and a half to two hours.
- Strain the vegetables. I do this in a colander (not a sieve) and squash the celery to get every last bit of flavour out of it. The stock is still lovely and clear and full of flavour.
- Note: I don't season this stock since I'm going to use it in another recipe anyway.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Excellent! Easy to prepare and so good. Made a really good quality vegetable stock. I added 2 large cloves of Garlic as I was making the stock to use for my Turkey brine and it was so aromatic! Everyone wanted to know what kind of soup I was making. No more store bought for me! Like that there isn't any salt which is why I went for the homemade to eliminate the extra sodium. Thanks you so much RonaNZ! ItalianMomof2
see 4 more reviews
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY