Creamy Easy Brussels Sprouts Soup
This is quick and easy. Can be doubled. Use vegetable stock if staying away from meats. Add a couple drops of green food coloring for St. Patty's Day. Don't tell the kids they'll love it!
- Ready In:
- 1 pint Brussels sprout, washed and cut in half
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon dried onion
- 1⁄2 grated fresh nutmeg
- white pepper
- hot pepper sauce, dashes to your liking (green)
- 1⁄3 cup light cream
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Cook Brussels sprout in water till tender 5 minutes.
- Put into blender and puree till smooth.
- Return back to pot and add rest of ingredients.
- Simmer 5 minutes stirring not to stick to bottom of pan.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
Fantastic!!! Brussel sprouts are my favorite veggie and I love beeing able to use them in a new way, other than side dish. This soup is light, creamy, and so tasty. I did not use any hot sauce and used black pepper instead of white. Next time I will double the recipe because it was not enough for me! Thank you Rita! This is a great recipe for the sprouts lovers!
This was so creamy and its the perfect amount for 2 people. My DH loves brussel sprouts and never had them in soup before, he said 10 stars. I have to agree. I served it with Crispy Oven Fish by MizzNezz #30872 and Buttermilk Roasted Potatoes by Bev #45033 and a tossed salad. Thanks Rita for posting its a keeper.