Recipe by Moz!Attack
Simple, delicious, filling and really easy for when you want to warm yourself up for the winter months without spending three hours in the kitchen to create a similiarly amazing soup.
Top Review by northernmom
I was searching for a low-cal soup and made this one today. I added a tsp of "club house" Spicy Spagetti Seasoning, and used the immersion blender to puree/thicken the soup. Both my daughter and I had seconds. I also portioned off two "left-overs" for lunch the next day. After a winter of "over-indulging" this fit the bill for us, thanks!
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 leek, halved, washed and thinly sliced
- 1 stalk celery, thinly sliced
- 1 liter low-fat chicken broth
- 1 (420 g) can creamed corn
- 100 g baby squash, sliced
- 1 cup of english spinach, shredded
- cracked black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add leek and celery and cook for 3-4 minutes or until leek has softened.
- Add stock, creamed corn and squash, stir to combine. Bring to the boil, reduce heat to low, simmer, stirring occasionally for about 10 minutes.
- Add spinach and pepper, remove from heat, stir until spinach has wilted.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!