Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
A nice heartwarming soup for winter. Just a little different:) This serves 8 @ 1.5 points each for those on W W. I have listed points values beside each ingredient.
- 2 potatoes (2)
- 500 g pumpkin (0 I like to use butternut pumpkin)
- 4 carrots
- 4 parsnips
- 3 onions
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 (440 ml) can coconut milk (8)
- Chop all the vegetables roughly and place in a large saucepan.
- Add enough water to just cover the vegetables and add the salt and garlic.
- Bring to a boil then reduce to a simmer and cook for about 45minutes until the vegetables are soft.
- Keep topping up the water to JUST cover the vegetables if necessary.
- Stir in the curry powder and mix well.
- Remove from heat and puree the mixture. I use a stick blender. Do Not Tip Out The Water!
- Stir in the coconut milk and reheat gently.
We liked the flavour the coconut milk gives to this soup. The first time I served as listed, the next day with what was left over, I added some chopped bacon which I had boiled in a little water (added the water too)and some chopped parsley for a change. Thanks for a "keeper" :)