Prep 20 mins
Cook 3 hrs
- 1 small turnip, peeled and cubed
- 6 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 bag Portuguese style mixed vegetables
- 1 can stewed tomatoes (large can)
- 1 bag baby carrots
- 2 medium onions, diced
- 3 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 4 teaspoons garlic powder
- 4 packets bovril powder
- 6 dashes Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon oregano
- 2 teaspoons parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili pepper
- 1 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1⁄4 cup malt vinegar or 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar
- In a large pot, Put turnip in salted water to covering by 1 1/2 ins.
- Boil for 15 minutes.
- Add potatoes and boil 15 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients and fill pot to top with water.
- Bring back to boil, reduce and simmer for 2-3 hours.
- Taste and add salt, pepper and garlic to your taste.