Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
A nice side dish or a good side dish for a brunch.
- 3 cups mostaccioli pasta or 3 cups penne pasta, cooked,drained
- 1 (27 1/2 ounce) jarlight pasta sauce, meatless variety
- 1 (8 ounce) packagekraft free shredded fat free mozzarella cheese, divided
- 2 cups thinly sliced yellow squash
- 2 cups thinly sliced zucchini
- 1⁄2 cup kraft free nonfat parmesan cheese, grated,divided (2 oz.)
- Mix pasta, sauce, 1 cup of the mozzarella cheese, vegetables and 1/4 cup of the grated topping.
- Spoon into a 13X9" baking dish.
- Top with remaining mozzarella cheese and remaining 1/4 cup grated topping.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes or until heated through.
I served this as a main dish the other night and it turned out very nicely. I used my own homemade pasta sauce and fresh grated parmesan. This dish met all my requirements for good comfort food. Cheese and noodles (ha!). My younger kids didn't even notice they were eating vegetables. Thanks for sharing the recipe. This one would be good to serve anytime but especially on busy weeknights.
We enjoyed this very easy-to-make and fairly healthy meal -- we served as a main dish too and I think it will also heat up well for later in the week or for lunches. Thanks for sharing!
My family liked it. I think it would taste better with fresh made pasta sauce instead of the Ragu I used in a jar. I added extra cheese to give it more flavor.