Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
A healthy opton for snack food that you can prepare. Serve them up with a glass of juice or milk!
- 1 cup diced tomatoes
- 1⁄4 cup diced green pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped ripe olives
- 2 tablespoons chopped green chilies
- 2 teaspoons white vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- corn tortilla chips
- 1⁄4 cup shredded low-fat sharp cheddar cheese (1 ounce)
Corn Tortilla Chips
- 9 6-inch corn tortillas
- cold water
- Combine first 8 ingredients.
- Spoon 2 tsp.
- vegetable mixture on each tortilla chip; divide cheese evenly among chips.
- Broil 6 inches from heat 1 minute or until cheese melts.
- Yield: 26 appetizers To make Corn Tortilla Chips: Cut 3 (2 1/2 inch) circles from each tortilla using a biscuit cutter.
- Dip tortillas in water; drain on paper towels.
- Place rounds in a single layer on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake at 350* for 10 minutes or until chips are crisp and begin to brown.
- Remove from oven, and let cool.
- Yield: 26 nacho chips.
These were sooo good and easy. We loved them. Next time I want to try adding onions and hot peppers instead of green. Thanks for posting.
It was not easy doing the tortilla chips without a cookie cutter. I made only 4 with scissors and the other ones (not for the photo) were slices of tortilla chips. The mixture of vegetable is so good. DH couldn't believe how yummy that was. It was very yummy. Thanks Sharon :) Made for PRMR tag game
This was a really great recipe and an easy to make lunch! I didn't have any regular cookie cutter, so I cut the tortillas into as many bite size pieces as I could. I did add a little extra cheese, and it was so delicious!