Recipe by spatchcock
Adopted recipe, untried by me. I would find some way to get rid of the soup in this recipe.
- 2 cups frozen cubed hash brown potatoes, thawed (with onions and peppers)
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can reduced-fat cream of mushroom soup, divided
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen mixed vegetables, thawed and drained (such as zucchini, carrots and beans)
- 1 cup cholesterol-free egg substitute or 4 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese, divided
- 1⁄4 cup nonfat milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1 dash salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Spray 9-inch pie plate with nonstick cooking spray; press potatoes onto bottom and side of pan to form crust.
- Spray potatoes lightly with nonstick cooking spray.
- Bake 15 minutes.
- Combine half of soup,mixed vegetables, egg substitute and half of cheese in small bowl; mix well.
- Pour egg mixture into potato shell; sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Reduce oven to 375°F.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until set.
- Combine remaining soup, milk and seasonings in small saucepan; mix well.
- Simmer over low heat 5 minutes or until heated through.
- Serve sauce with quiche.