1/1 Photo of Vegetable Lo Mein
We really like this at our house. It's nice to get away from meat once in awhile and all the flavors involved in this Lo Mein don't make you miss a thing. Simple and Delicious!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 medium onion, halved from pole to pole, each half cut into eight wedges
- 4 ounces shredded cabbage
- 4 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 4 cups of leftover cooked spaghetti (about 8 oz uncooked)
Lo Mein Flavoring Sauce
- 1Heat a large (12 inch) skillet over low heat while preparing onion, vegetables, garlic, and ginger and the flavoring sauce.
- 2Three to four minutes before stir–frying, turn on the exhaust fan and increase the heat to high.
- 3Put 1 T. of oil and the onion in the skillet; stir-fry until the onion is still crisp but starts to turn brown, about 1 minute.
- 4Add the mushroom, sir fry until tender crisp, about 1 minute.
- 5Add the cabbage, stir-fry about 1 minute or so longer.
- 6Stir in garlic and ginger.
- 7Transfer vegetable mixture to a plate and set aside.
- 8Put the remaining 1 T. of oil in the skillet; heat until shimmering.
- 9Add the spaghetti; stir fry until heated through, about 2 minutes. Return the vegetable mixture to the pan, along with the Lo Mein Flavoring Sauce; stir fry to combine and heat through.
- 10Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vegetable Lo Mein
Serving Size: 1 (182 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 347.7
- Calories from Fat 95
- Total Fat 10.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1312.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 51.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.2 g
- Sugars 4.9 g
- Protein 12.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
rice wine vinegar