Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
A delicious, creamy lasagna with alfredo sauce. I made it for a fundraiser dinner and had to fight to keep the carnivores from eating it so the vegetarians who had signed up for the vegetarion dinner could have it! It's delicious!
- 2 cups carrots, thinly sliced
- 2 cups zucchini, thinly sliced
- 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, pressed
- 3⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can Italian-style diced tomatoes
- 1 (15 ounce) container ricotta cheese
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup grated fresh parmesan cheese
- 1 (16 ounce) jarwhite alfredo sauce (use a good quality brand,or make your own)
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 10 uncooked lasagna noodles
- 3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preaheat oven to 350.
- Heat oil in large skillet. Saute garlic, sliced vegetables, thyme, and pepper, until vegetables are crisp/tender(about 7 minutes).
- Remove from heat and add drained tomatoes, set aside.
- Combine ricotta cheese, egg and parmesan in separate bowl.
- In another bowl, mix alfredo sauce and milk until smooth.
- To assemble;spread 3/4 cup of alfredo sauce mixture in bottom of 9x13 pan. Top with half of the uncooked noodles, pressing noodles into sauce. Spread with half of the ricotta mixture, top that with half of the vegetable mixture, then half of the mozzarella cheese. Repeat layers beginning with 3/4 cup of sauce.
- Pour remaining sauce over final layer. Cover with foil.
- Bake 50 minutes, uncover and continue baking for 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven, let stand for 15 minutes before serving.
I added 1 (10 0z) pkg of frozen chopped spinach, fresh diced italian tomatoes and used the ready to bake lasagna noodles mmmm so good!!1
This was sooo good!! I unfortunately forgot to add the thyme, tho' I added a bit of my own seasoning onion powder, garlic salt and S&P, so it still tasted great! Better with the thyme I think...next time. I shredded the carrot and Zucchini. Diced the mushroom and our alfredo was roasted red pepper from Costco. It was interesting, b/c it tasted refreshing almost. even with all the cheese! Look forward to tomorrow's leftovers. Thansk for sharing!
This recipe is perfect! Finally I found a great vegetable Alfredo lasagna recipe that is actually delicious. My family loved it! I followed everything on the recipe but also added fresh chopped baby spinach and cubed cooked chicken breast. Great recipe you will not regret making this lasagna do not hesitate on trying this one out!