Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Such a delicious rice pilaf, I know it will be a family favorite!!
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1⁄4 cup celery, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup carrot, finely chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup rice
- 1⁄2 cup dried cranberries
- ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup pine nuts
- In a medium sized sauce pan, melt butter and sauté garlic, celery, onion and carrots until soft. Add vegetable broth, rice, dried cranberries, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil from mediuim heat with a lid on an angle to let vapour out.
- Recuce heat to low and cook for 30 minutes. Once you start to see indents forming in the rice, close the cover and let sit for 25 minutes.
- Fluff with a fork and serve garnished with toasted pine nuts.
- To toast pine nuts, lightly sauté in olive oil until they are golden brown. This will add a pleasant nutty flavor to the rice.
- This dish is a great accompaniment to any meal.