Prep 30 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Simple but good tasting soup. My mother even liked it and she is a hard sell.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 3 (14 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 16 ounces frozen corn
- 8 ounces frozen green beans
- 8 ounces frozen purple peas
- 8 ounces frozen baby lima beans
- 8 ounces frozen carrots, diced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 4 small potatoes, diced
- 4 bay leaves
- Fry ground meat until well done; drain grease.
- In a 6 quart dutch oven, add all ingredients; bring to a light boil and then simmer for several hours or until tender to your liking.
- I simmer mine 2 to 3 hours, but it is not necessary.
- Add bay leaf's.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- If you like it spicy, use Cajun Seasoning.
- You can use roast beef for meat and other veggies if they are what you like; as much as needed.
- Adjust broth and tomato sauce as needed for consistency of soup.