Prep 20 mins
Cook 9 hrs
A wonderful flavor. A nice change from Vegetable Beef Soup. Enough for two meals. Serve with homemade bread and salad and you can't go wrong.
- 3⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 3⁄4 cup green beans, broken into 1 inch pieces
- 2⁄3 cup uncooked pearl barley
- 2⁄3 cup fresh whole kernel corn or 2⁄3 cup frozen whole kernel corn
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme or 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1⁄2 lbs beef, cubed
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans beef broth
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cansdiced tomatoes with garlic
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato paste
- Place beef cubes on the bottom of crockpot.
- In a medium bowl, mix all other ingredients.
- Pour over meat.
- Cook on low for 8 to 9 hours.