Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
A great way to recycle leftover fish into something new and wonderful. From the Mississippi Valley chapter of the United States Regional Cookbook, Culinary Arts Institute of Chicago, 1947.
- 2 cups cooked fish, flaked (your choice)
- 1 cup mayonnaise (use a good quality, such as Hellmann's or your own recipe)
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1 tablespoon pickle relish
- 1 cup peas, lightly cooked
- 1 cup beet, cooked and sliced (canned is fine)
- 2 eggs, hard-cooked, peeled and sliced
- Combine first five ingredients lightly, being careful not to break the fish in too small pieces.
- Pile lightly on lettuce leaves and garnish with alternate slices of eggs and beets.