- 354.88 ml sliced onions
- 59.14 ml rolled oats
- 1419.54 ml chopped zucchini (3-4 medium zucchini)
- 591.47 ml vegetable broth
- 4.92 ml salt
- 4.92 ml dried basil
- 0.59 ml black pepper
- 22.18 ml tahini
- 9.85 ml umeboshi or 9.85 ml rice vinegar
- 14.79 ml fresh lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large pot, layer the onions, oats, and zucchini. Cover with the water and bring to a boil. Add the salt, dried basil, and black pepper.
- Reduce heat to simmer, cover, and cook, stirring occasionally, for 40 minutes.
- In a blender or food processor, puree the zucchini mixture with the tahini, vinegar, and lemon juice until well blended.
- Add a splash of vinegar to the soup before serving, to perk up the flavors.