Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a low-fat, vegan recipe that works great for the Engine 2 Diet. It was inspired by a South Beach Thai Shrimp recipe. It can be made as listed, or modified easily for non-vegan eaters, or to add in other veggies.
- 1 cup rice (basmati) or 1 cup brown rice
- 12 ounces Quorn tenders
- 4 tablespoons fresh minced ginger
- 1 bunch chopped scallion
- 5 cups vegetable broth or 5 cups stock
- red pepper flakes
- 1⁄3-1⁄2 head cabbage (about 2-3 cups) or 1⁄3-1⁄2 head napa cabbage, sliced thin (about 2-3 cups)
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 -3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon lime zest, minced
- 1 zucchini, thin sliced and cut into quarters
- 6 -10 mushrooms, sliced medium thin
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Coat medium sauce pan with cooking spray and heat over medium heat.
- Add 1 T of the ginger and cook for 2 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add rice and stir.
- Add 2 cups veggie broth and bring to boil.
- Cover and simmer low for 20 min for basmati or 40 for brown. Flufff with fork and let sit for 5 or more minutes.
- Coat wok or large skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium high heat.
- Add remaining ginger and scallions, stirring often for 2-3 minutes.
- Add remaining broth and red pepper flakes to taste and increase heat to bring to boil.
- Add cabbage and cook 2 minutes.
- Add in zucchini and mushrooms and stir to mix.
- Add Quorn tenders, fish sauce, lime juice and zest and cook till veggies are al dente an tenders are hot.
- Serve over rice in large bowls.
BKinVT thank you for adapting a recipe that sounds lovely. It may need to be adapted further for vegans and vegetarians as quorn is not vegan friendly and fish sauce is not vegetarian or vegan friendly.