Recipe by Chef JessicaRHorne
This recipe is so simple and wonderful, and it can feed a large crowd! Sometimes I half the recipe and just use the pintos and corn, and leave out the hominy and kidney beans, and half everything else, If it is just my and husband and I eating! It is so yummy! I add cheese and sour cream afterward, therefore it is no longer vegan for me, but you can use the fake stuff if you are vegan. I also used the same pot to saute everything and just added everything else in. Who wants to mess up another pan! Found this recipe from vegweb.com
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans (including all the liquid)
- 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans (including all the liquid)
- 1 (15 ounce) can hominy (including all the liquid)
- 1 (15 ounce) can corn (including all the liquid)
- 1 (8 ounce) can diced green chilies
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes (including all the liquid)
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning
- 1⁄2 cup diced jalapeno (optional)
- 1 (12 ounce) packagevegan ground beef
- 1 small white onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons oil
- vegan sour cream, to garnish
- cilantro, to garnish
- avocado, to garnish
- tortilla chips, to serve
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large pot combine the corn, hominy, kidney beans, pinto beans, corn, green chilies, tomatoes, salsa, and taco mix. Add jalapeños, if using, to the pot and turn the pot on medium heat, stirring occasionally.
- Take the package of vegan taco meat, diced onion, minced garlic, and oil and fry in a pan for about 3 minutes or until thoroughly cooked. Add this to the pot as well, crank the heat up and cook until just about boiling.
- Serve with tostadas or tortilla chips and garnish with vegan sour cream, avocados, and cilantro -- or whatever else floats your boat!
- Source of recipe: This recipe is from my grandma and modified for a vegan diet!