Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
This recipe is from One Dish Vegan by Robin Robertson. So many quick and easy recipes. Serving amount is a guess, since there was none given. This looks yummy so putting here for safekeeping.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 5 garlic cloves, chopped
- 8 -12 ounces cooked penne pasta
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can chickpeas
- 3⁄4 cup warm vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast or 1 tablespoon mellow white miso
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- Heat the oil or water in a small skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook until softened, about 1 minute. Remove from the heat and reserve.
- Cook the penne in a large pot of salted boiling water, stirring occasionally, until it is al dente(about 8 minutes). About 5 minutes before pasta is done cooking, add the broccoli. drain the cooked pasta and broccoli well and return to pot.
- While the pasta is cooking, combine the chickpeas and reserved garlic in a food processor. Add the broth, lemon juice, nutritional yeast, paprika, oregano, basil, pepper and salt to taste. Process until smooth.
- Pour the sauce over the pasta and broccoli and toss gently to combine. Serve hot.